Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy 2011!

SparklersHappy 2011!
My family always starts out the New Year perfectly by having dinner at my best friend's house for a Spanish meal. Its a long tradition that has existed since we met in 8th grade. It is also a tradition that I bring the dessert and that we play with sparklers and fireworks after the clock strikes 12. This year I made a Poppyseed Grapefruit (or pamplemousse) Torte with White Chocolate Mousse. Although it has many steps, it is not that hard to make and is DELICOUS!
De-lish.
Grapefruit Torta with White Chocolate Mousse2011
2010 was a pretty good year, but that's it. It wasn't very exciting (except for going to California over the summer). My New Years resolution for 2011 is to have adventure and excitement. I won't be sky-diving or anything like that, but for me adventure will be trying new things and taking myself out of my comfort zone. Studying abroad in an "exotic" place and nailing a dream internship (more on those later) are also on the to-do list for 2011. It's going to be a great year, I can already feel it! I started this blog and got a job at Forever21 within this first week.
Bubbly
What are your New Year's resolutions/plans?

Acquiring British Qualities is also one of my resolutions.
Step 1? Add "u" to words like favourite, colour and flavour.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures, especially the first two. Glad to see you back in the blogsphere. Have a great weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to bring in the New Year!You know I feel like this year is going to change my entire life, really! Although these last few days have not been the best, I have had trouble at work and I have a cold to boot. But I will keep my head up and not let it get me down. I'm so glad you are blogging again. I look forward to your lovely posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first photo, how fun and festive!

    Your cakes always look amazing and I'm sure they're delicious too! Please keep on sharing your beautiful baking, you really must find a way to cake decorate for a living hehe

    Keep us posted on internships and study abroad! I highly recommend studying abroad...obviously. ;) And those British spelling changes are confusing as ever. Between communicating with my American and British friends I'm always muddled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOO happy to see you blogging again! Missed you lots! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...