Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Window Bunting

Window Bunting 3
Window Bunting 2
Since I don't have any curtains in my dorm room, I like to make "dressings" for my windows.
In the Fall I hung translucent paper leaves in front of the window and for Winter, I made this festive bunting. I bought some metallic and patterned paper, and ripped out pages from a vintage book (Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters catalogues work well too). Then I cut out square and diamond shapes from the different papers and then folded them all in half to make triangles. Classic white glue worked perfectly to attach the paper to the string.
They don't need to be perfect and it actually looks more fun when they are different sizes and shapes!
Window Bunting 1
It's such an inexpensive, easy way to make your life a little more festive :)

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing! Wow, I need to decorate my ugly white walled dorm room stat, yours looks so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are adorable! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sister sewed me a window bunting AND she made me a paper garland! she is the best. i really should be more creative (and less lazy) and try to catch up to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. soo pretty! this is perfect for my decorating a.d.d. too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...