Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coconut Almond Granola

Bowl of Granola
I am a cereal addict - I would eat it for every meal if I could. However, most cereals are packed with so much sugar, its hard to find flavorful and healthy ones.
I've made granola a few times, but this by far has been my favorite batch. It's low in sugar but high on flavor and texture.

Coconut Almond Granola
3/4 cup coconut
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup whole almonds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup maple syrup (I used sugar-free)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 cups raisins

1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Combine coconut, oats and almonds in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, mix salt, cinnamon, water, honey, maple syrup and canola oil and bring to a boil. Pour over dry ingredients and make sure everything is evenly coated.
4. Spread mixture on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring every so often, until granola is dry and golden.
5. Let cool and stir in raisins - can stay in an airtight container for over a week!

**try some mixed in with greek yogurt - yummy!
Coconut Almond Granola

6 comments:

  1. oh man this sounds so easy to do! granola usually stresses me out so i never make it! but i'm definitely gonna give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, and i need to make your granola!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm SO making this when I get to Wisconsin! i love anything with coconut and this sounds way better than anythign in the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granola is the BEST! I love cereal too! I'll eat it for any meal of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've definitely made granola exactly like this before. With almond milk, yummm. Yours looks great! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same, I'm crazy for cereal...I could happily eat three bowls a day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...