Monday, February 7, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Stuck on Repeat

Lately, I haven't been able to get these songs out of my head!

1. I Follow Rivers - Lykke Li (I cannot wait for her new album to drop! I have had the chorus stuck in my head all week. Pretty soon, you will too.)
2. Little Bit - Lykke Li (One of my favorites from her old album.)
3. Crazy For You - Best Coast (Her voice reminds me of Jenny Lewis, which explains the next few on the list. Lo-fi, 60's pop.)
4. Big Wave - Jenny and Johnny (hear the resemblance?)
5. See Fernando - Jenny Lewis
6. Portions for Foxes - Rilo Kiley (Jenny is the lead singer. You will soon learn my everlasting love for her.)
7. And the Boys - Angus and Julia Stone (This brother-sister duo have such unique voices, I am always in the mood to listen to them.)
8. Change - Angus and Julia Stone
9. Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes (This is the new single from their upcoming album. It still sounds like them, but you can tell that they have grown.)
10. Ragged Wood - Fleet Foxes (oldie)

What songs can't you get out of your head lately?

5 comments:

  1. Big Wave continues to amaze me as a solid rock song with some fascinating lyrics. And Portions for Foxes remains one of the wittiest songs about sleeping around ever haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i *love* best coast! and have you heard of miss moss? she makes the best mixes (that are downloadable!)! she just put that new lykke li song on hers... i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mixtapes. :)

    I've had the entirety of Valley Maker's self-titled album stuck in my head this week. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lykke Li is so so catchy! lately i've had a lot of island-y bob marley tunes stuck in my head; i think because its been so dreary outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, I think you'll love this editorial!! It just reminded me of you. Perhaps it was Kirsten Dunst, perhaps it was the light... mostly it was the review saying that it looks like the product of just having a great day with your girlfriends.

    http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2011/02/kirsten-dunst-for-boy-by-band-of.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...