Monday, February 28, 2011

Mixtape Mondays: 60's Soul

After having Adele's new album, 21, on heavy rotation all week, it couldn't help but inspire this week's mix-tape. Adele's powerful voice, that wise beyond her years, is so soulful. She has always reminded me of a smoother and more put - together Amy Winehouse (and I think their music pairs wonderfully).
Inspired by Adele and sexy, 60's soul music, here is the week's mix-tape:

1. Rumour Has It - Adele (My favorite track off the album. Sounds like a woman on revenge.)
2. Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
3. Baby, I Need Your Loving - Four Tops
4. He Can Only Hold Her - Amy Winehouse (It's old news, but Amy's Back to Black album is so good - still! My parents even love it.)
5. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
6. Rolling in the Deep - Adele (stuck in my head)
7. Why Don't You Love Me? - Beyonce (I wish she did more retro sounding music)
8. Valerie - Amy Winehouse (so happy - sounds like Walking on Sunshine)
9. Right as Rain - Adele (off her debut album - really fun)
10. Tracks of My Tears - Smokey Robinson
11. Never Forget You - The Noisettes

3 comments:

  1. do you read for me, for you (http://forme-foryou.com)? she did a great mix for monday that reminds me of yours ... everyone's feelin the adele vibe i think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE adele's new album! she has a seriously hauntingly (is that a word?) beautiful voice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...