Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Cake Pops

Valentine's Cake Pops I
I made these cake "pops" (minus the sticks) to send and give to my loved ones for Valentine's Day. Having a tiny kitchen and little time to do this without my roommates seeing me, this easy recipe couldn't have been more fitting. I did 3 varieties: Red Velvet, German Chocolate and Sea Salted Chocolate Caramel. Seriously, you will not believe how easy these are to make...
Valentine's Cake Pops II
Valentine's Cake Pops IV
Cake Pops
1 box cake mix, prepared and baked
1 can icing
1 1/2 14 oz bags candy melts
sprinkles, toppings

1. Crumble the cooled, baked cake into a large bowl.
2. Spoon the icing over crumbled cake and stir until its all combined.
3. Roll into balls and freeze in a freezer safe bag for a few hours or overnight.
4. Melt the candy melts and coat the frozen cake balls. Make sure they are entirely coated and place on waxed paper
5. Before they harden, sprinkle the toppings
and yay - CAKE POPS!

Here's what I used to make my flavors:
Red Velvet: Red Velvet cake mix, Cream Cheese frosting, red vanilla candy melts, and sprinkles
German Chocolate: German chocolate cake mix with some added coconut into the batter, coconut pecan icing, chocolate melts and garnished with coconut
Sea Salted Chocolate Caramel: Chocolate cake mix with a bag of Kraft caramel bits and a teaspoon of sea salt added to the batter, chocolate melts and sea salt to top it off

Valentine's Cake Pops III

3 comments:

  1. These look awesome!

    But errr whats a candymelt? :S....im from ldn so please translate 4 me, i'd love 2 make them.

    Sooo glad ur bloggin again

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, they look so delicious. The sea salted chocolate caramel one would definitely be my favourite - I love Starbucks' salted caramel hot chocolate!

    Your friends are lucky! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet to send them to your loved ones! I am having a bake sale next week and should probably try making these since they are super simple and unique!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...