Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day Trip to Savannah

Mossy Graves
Savannah II
Industrial Light
Riverboat
Mossy Tree
Savannah I
Graveyard
Letter Stamps
SCAD
Vintage Hairpins
Abandoned
The Paris Market
Spanish Moss
Convertible Top Down
I'm heading down to New Orleans for an extra long weekend for MARDI GRAS! I was born in New Orleans and was raised in it's suburbs until we moved when I was 11.
New Orleans has such a European and mysterious charm to it, much like Charleston and Savannah. All cities are full of wrought iron gates, old crooked houses and perfectly manicured courtyards.
This past October my friends and I took a day trip to Savannah (it's only 1 1/2 hours away) and had the best time. We walked through shops (my favorite - The Paris Market), relaxed by the riverfront and managed to eat 2 meals and a snack while we were there. Looking at these pictures reminds me a lot of the way New Orleans looks, and makes me even more impatient to visit my hometown!

8 comments:

  1. i had never heard of charleston or savannah until i started reading blogs (and then savannah was referenced on the office!), but they look like truly beautiful places to visit!

    also, that light fixture is rad.

    have a great time in new orleans! i would love to go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah looks like such a fun place! I've never been to the South, but this definitely makes me want to go!

    I hope you have a fantastic time in New Orleans! Keep us updated with plenty of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew from the picture of the light fixture that you had visited the Paris Market! It is my favorite place in Savannah too :)
    I will be going there this summer, and your pictures have really made me miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like it will be a funtastic trip! have a great time ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. have an amazing time! I'd love to be anywhere that isn't freezing right now, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a BLAST girl! kathryn is going this year and i cant wait to hear all the sordid tales... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos! They are great. I have to ask: what kind of camera do you use for these fabulous shots? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous photos!

    oh my goodness, i love your blog!

    following you now :)

    ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...