Friday, March 11, 2011

Mardi Gras: Parades

Endymion I
Day Floats
<span class=Endymion III
Endymion V
Float
Endymion II
Endymion V

Mr. TreeEndymion VIIEndymion IV
I am back from New Orleans, exhausted, but I must say that my weekend at Mardi Gras were some of the best few days of my life thus far. I was there with best friends from both high school and college surrounded by good music, good food and festival happiness.
These are some pictures of the parades and floats. I think my favorite ones were at night because of how the floats were lit up - very carnival like.
I also loved the high school marching bands who got everyone dancing in the street.
Mardi Gras is a happy time.

7 comments:

  1. WOW AMAZING! I really wish to make it out to Mari Gras one day! Great pictures looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a documentary about where and how mardi gras beads are made in a class last year... sounds random, but it was actually really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just passing by, looks like it was a fun time. That is someplace I hope to checkout also some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooo jealous! kathryn just told me about how nuts it was on monday & tuesday .. she kept saying over and over how pretty new orleans is! i want to go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jealous. I've wanted to go to the New Orleans since seeing "The Princess and the Frog" haha- the lights, the colors, the culture, the food! This looks like a lot of fun. So much eye candy in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy shit, these pictures are AMAZING. Like seriously. I might just have to link this on my blog, because I am in love with each and everyone of these shots.

    GORGEOUS. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza! It looks so pretty there.I'm glad you had an amazing time, I need to go to New Orleans one time in my life for sure.

    xoxo mama wolf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...