Monday, March 21, 2011

Mixtape Monday: First Day of Spring

<span class=
{picture of me taken with my Diana F+ camera}

Spring is officially here and the 70 degree weather only confirms it.
Here is a playlist of songs inspired by Japan, France, and love - all things I associate with Spring:

1. Tokyo - The Books (I relate Japan with spring because of cherry blossom trees, so I like to listen to lots of Japanese-inspired songs during this season. Also, I've been thinking about Japan a lot lately because of the horrific events that have taken place.)
2. Life in Technicolor - Coldplay (makes me think feel like in walking downtown Tokyo)
3. Waterparker - Botany
4. Contact High - Architecture in Helsinki
5. Always Everything - Sin Fang (Seabear side project, new love)
6. Parachute - Shugo Tokumaru
7. Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros (ambient Icelandic music that grows bigger, like flowers)
8. The First Day of Spring - Noah and the Whale (Another one that builds and gives me goosebumps. Spring is about new beginnings and expanding your horizons.)
9. Silly Love Songs - Glee Cast (happy, fun, light)
10. A Little Love - Meaghan Smith
11. Quelqu'un m'a dit - Carla Bruni ( I also associate French music with Spring. Paris in the springtime is such a cliched, but wonderful thought...and thats when I first went to France.)
12. Mushabloom - Feist
13. Printemps - Coeur de Pirate

Happy Spring!

6 comments:

  1. I am loving Shugo Tokumaru, too! They sound like pure happiness and they do a lot of animated videos, which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeee Noah and the whale' "shape of my heart" is one of my favorite music videos! Can I ask a favor of you?? I loved your old blog modern marie. And I loved the teen vouge-esque sytle. I bought a dress for prom but I dont know how to style it so that I feel fun, cute, unique and young! So do you think you could help me style it??? Here is a link to the dress I bought...
    http://us.asos.com/ASOS-ASOS-Chiffon-and-Mesh-Drape-Dress/vnxiz/?iid=1366383&cid=8799&Rf-400=53&Rf-200=1&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Coral&mporgp=L0Fzb3MvQXNvcy1DaGlmZm9uLUFuZC1NZXNoLURyYXBlLURyZXNzL1Byb2Qv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoppipolla is THE spring song. For sure. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that noah & the whale song! so beautiful. i would love a whole mix of french pop songs -- i love that carla bruni song so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Allie!
    Thanks for reading Modern Marie and now Pamplemousse!
    i love the dress you got - i would definitely play up the grecian look with patenet leather nude pumps, grecian gold cuffs and your hair like this:http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sugarscape.com/userfiles/rex_723805j(1).jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/fashion-beauty/beauty-how/146218/do-day-sarah&usg=__Ek8EmlXdnSdsulmV8jup1x2c7o8=&h=2253&w=1580&sz=992&hl=en&start=24&zoom=1&tbnid=ECArc2iMqGf6uM:&tbnh=131&tbnw=91&ei=OH2LTa_-HcKbtwfj69jmDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgrecian%2Bhair%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1129%26bih%3D593%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C508&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=304&vpy=220&dur=164&hovh=268&hovw=188&tx=99&ty=209&oei=IX2LTeK7I8eTtwfH-dWKDg&page=2&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:24&biw=1129&bih=593
    Coral lipstick to match the dress would look wonderful too!
    hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful list, as always! do you know pomplamousse? every time I stop by your blog I think about them! Look them up on youtube if you don't, they do really enjoyable covers of mainstream songs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...