Monday, March 14, 2011

Mixtape Monday: New Orleans

Accordion
Live Music
New Orleans is as famous for their Jazz as much as they are their food and festivals. When I think of New Orleans music, I think of jazzy, sexy blues with a sprinkling of cajun folk thrown in. Every corner you turn in the French Quarter, there is live music. It's quite magical and you cant help but dance.

1. Iko Iko - The Dixie Cups (iconic Cajun/ Mardi Gras song - heard it all the time when I was growing up)
2. F**k You - Cee-Lo Green (they played this song at practically every parade)
3. Chop and Change - The Black Keys (sexy rock - the Black Keys are so great at it)
4. Hurricane Drunk - Florence and the Machine (we did drink a lot of Hurricanes...)
5. Ruby Blue - Roisin Murphy (dysfunctional jazz)
6. When They Fight, They Fight - The Generationals
7. The Ghost Who Walks - Karen Elson (New Orleans seems like such a haunted city)
8. Dancing with Myself - Nouvelle Vague (there was lots of dancing in the streets)
9. Inspiration Information - Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
10. You Know that I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
11. Peace, Love and Happiness - G. Love and Special Sauce (sounds really Cajun)
12. Jack Killed Mom - Jenny Lewis
13. Where it's At - Beck

3 comments:

  1. i loooove g. love & special sauce! what a great mix. SO jealous of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was meant for New Orleans, going by your pictures anyway. I'm in love! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged some of your New Orleans pics! Thanks for letting me share. :)

    http://atlanticatlantis.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-orleans-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...