Monday, March 28, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Rainy Day in France

When its cold, wet and dreary outside, like it is today, I like to vaguely stare out of windows while listening to French music (dramatic? yes.). I find rain romantic - unless its interfering with outside plans - like concerts or parties.

Also, Little Boat suggested I make a French playlist because I featured some in last week’s mixtape.


Rainy Day French Mixtape


1. Marseilles - Hey Marseilles (I adore this band and their Beirut-like sound. This song belongs in a French movie where the two lovers finally meet again and live happily ever after.)

2. La Même Histoire - Feist (from the Paris je t'aime soundtrack - a movie I feel like watching today)

3. Comme des enfants - Coeur de Pirate (The video for this is darling. Such a sweet, girly song - like a bon bon)

4. If You Rescue Me - The Science of Sleep Soundtrack (Great/strange French film with Gael Garcia Bernal)

5. Ratatouille Main Theme - Ratatouille Soundtrack (I often find my favorite French music from films, as you can tell. I want to watch this movie today too...

6. Le festin - Camille

7. Décrocher les étoile - Keren Ann & Benjamin Biolay (Keren Ann was one of the first French artists I listened too. Listening to her reminds me of sophomore year of high school.)

8. The Summer Wind - Madeleine Peyroux (In addition to listening to French music when its raining, I also love to listen to this woman. Jazzy, Vintage and Lazy.)

9. On set loin - Keren Ann

10. Comptine D'un Autre Ete - Yann Tiersen (from the Amelie soundtrack...movie to watch today #3)

11. La Javanaise - Madeleine Peyroux

12. Complainte de la butte - Rufus Wainwright (from Moulin Rouge)

13. Belle - Jack Johnson (This used to be the most played song on my iTunes. I still love it. Its very sexy.)

14. California Rain - Madeleine Peyroux

4 comments:

  1. Ooh-- nice list! I'd also want to add Pink Martini's "Sympathique" to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rufus Wainwright's voice. I instantly feel like I'm falling in love!

    hearts, laura♥
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! i am going to snag all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yann tierson. there's this boy who always plays songs from the amelie soundtrack on his accordion in the art building stairwell. it's glorious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...