Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Toasted Israeli Couscous with Figs and Apricots

Toasted Couscous with Figs and Apricots
Before I leave for Morocco, I am trying to make as many Moroccan and Mediterranean dishes as possible. Couscous is a huge part of their diet - as it is mine - so when I saw this recipe for Toasted Israeli Couscous with Figs and Apricots - I knew I had to try it. Salty from the pistachios, sweet from the dried fruit, crisp from the peppers and sour from the lemon juice - it is the perfect melding of flavors and textures. It even kept for a week in the fridge!
Toasted Couscous with Figs and Apricots

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, it looks so delish! All the colors make it all the more enticing :)

    hearts, laura♥
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks wonderful! I love couscous or all Mediterranean food for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, that looks so darn delicious! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was studying in Québec, I had a Moroccan classmate who would make us the most amazing meals! He once made this elaborate couscous...sculpture (no other word for it! it was beautiful). delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're going to fit in perfectly in morocco! this looks absolutely amazing (&healthy?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...