Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Granola

Apple Cinnamon Granola

I am now obsessed with making granola and perfect my skills each time I make some. I saw this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Granola in Cooking Light and tweaked it a bit. I was really pleased with how it came out - it was like autumn in a bowl :)


Apple Cinnamon Granola

4 1/2 cups oats

2 1/2 cups Cherrios

1 cup walnuts

1/2 stick butter

2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce

1/2 tablespoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup maple syrup (I used sugar-free)

1 cup dried chopped apple chips


1. Toss oats, cheerios, and walnuts together in a large bowl.

2. In a saucepan melt the butter and add applesauce, spices, honey, and syrup. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.

3. Pour applesauce mixture over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly.

4. Spread even layer in jellyroll pan and bake at 350 about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until granola is golden brown and dry. Stir in apple chips.


Apple Cinnamon Granola
Add this to some Greek yogurt, cinnamon and chopped fresh apples!

5 comments:

  1. ooo making granola sounds fun! I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely next on my recipes to try list!

    thanks for posting
    -Steevy
    http://donteatread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm looks delicious! I've been meaning to try making granola for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, Lauren! I bet it was mighty tasty! I may even eat this as some kind of cereal.... Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I love lady Gaga, and love her even more after I watched the Google goes Gaga segment.
    hearts, laura♥
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should nottt have read this post before I ate my breakfast haha. it looks so much more appetizing than my kashi bar!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...