Thursday, April 21, 2011

Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies

Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
Around springtime, carrot cake seems to be the ideal dessert. I've been having this idea of making Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies for a while now and finally tested it yesterday. I was pleased with the results, though its more like a cookie texture than cake.
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
Here's the recipe:

Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
1 Box Carrot Cake Mix
1 Egg
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raisins
2 carrots, grated
1 can cream cheese icing (or homemade cream cheese icing)

Mix cake mix, eggs and oil until creamy and smooth. Add in walnuts, raisins and carrots, stir well. Drop neat spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F. Let cool.
Spread cream cheese icing on back of a cookie and sandwich another one to it.
Enjoy :)
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies

9 comments:

  1. those look AMAZING! I love carrot cake. I've been craving c.c. muffins....

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look soooo rich! kind of like those oatmeal cream pie lil debbie cakes, but SO SO SO much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of carrot cake so I'll have to try these out soon. They look way too good! Also, you seem way too sweet to have bitchface, but it's nice to know I'm not alone in my suffering. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never had carrot cake, but those look reeeally yummy. Maybe I'll make them for my boyfriend since he makes me food all the time. hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM, i love carrot cake. These look delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Numz! I had these for the first time last Christmas--my husband's co-worker had brought them for a party. And after I ate the 2 he saved for me, I had my husband BEG his co-worker for the recipe. the next day, I made a ginormous batch and ate it ALL. BY. MYSELF. heaven.
    hearts, laura♥
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOSH! These look amazing! I love carrot cake anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, they look sooo YUMMY. I might have to try my hand at these (sans raisins, hehe). ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy yum! these look too good! thanks for stopping by my blog! enjoying following you now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...