Monday, April 25, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Brilliant Brits

Eliza Doolittle's anticipated debut album dropped last week, and I have been listening to it non-stop. She reminds me so much of her fun and fearless contemporaries like Lily Allen, Kate Nash, Amy Winehouse, Duffy, and Florence and the Machine. Much like my British Blokes mixtape, these songstresses have a knack at making upbeat, vintage-y lyrics with blunt and hilarious lyrics. Listen to this and you will see (or hear):

1. Skinny Genes - Eliza Doolittle (first song of hers I heard - I was hooked)
2. Moneybox - Eliza Doolittle
3. Missing - Eliza Doolittle (I love the spanish feel of this song)
4. Smile - Lily Allen (her debut)
5. LDN - Lily Allen (so summery)
6. Knock 'Em Out - Lily Allen
7. Tears Dry On Their Own - Amy Winehouse
8. Foundations - Kate Nash (I can relate to Kate's lyrics more than any other artist I know)
9. We Get On - Kate Nash (I think EVERYONE can relate to this song)
10. Crazy for You - Adele
11. Warwick Avenue - Duffy
12. Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine
13. Kiss with a Fist - Florence and the Machine (so feisty)

3 comments:

  1. oooh I love this song! I just keep hitting play again each time the video finishes! :) Thanks for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looove kate nash so much -- i was more on board with her first album than her latest, but still! she's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...