I've been listening to the song "Excuses" by The Morning Benders a lot lately. Its a song that swells into a retro, romantic love song with modern touches layered over it. The rest of these songs have the same sound and feeling as "Excuses" - whether its a pit orchestra or folk music relevant to the country, all these songs make me want to travel, and/or travel to another era.
Let the wanderlusting begin...
1. Excuses - The Morning Benders
2. Scenic World - Beirut (Transcends wherever you are traveling to)
3. You Love Me - Devotchka (I love mexican folk music, especially modernized and done by indie artists)
4. Hospital Bed - Seabear (I imagine a beautiful couple waltzing to this...)
5. Elephant Gun - Beirut (You must see the video to this - embodies what I am talking about)
6. Goodbye Versailles - Hey Marseilles
7. Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear
8. French Navy - Camera Obscura (My anthem last summer...see this video too!)
9. Volare - Dean Martin (A classic....and makes me think of the Lizzie McGuire Movie
10. Postcards from Italy - Beirut
11. Deep Blue Sea - Grizzly Bear
12. Cold War - Morning Benders