Monday, April 11, 2011

Mixtape Monday: The Morning Benders

I've been listening to the song "Excuses" by The Morning Benders a lot lately. Its a song that swells into a retro, romantic love song with modern touches layered over it. The rest of these songs have the same sound and feeling as "Excuses" - whether its a pit orchestra or folk music relevant to the country, all these songs make me want to travel, and/or travel to another era.
Let the wanderlusting begin...

1. Excuses - The Morning Benders
2. Scenic World - Beirut (Transcends wherever you are traveling to)
3. You Love Me - Devotchka (I love mexican folk music, especially modernized and done by indie artists)
4. Hospital Bed - Seabear (I imagine a beautiful couple waltzing to this...)
5. Elephant Gun - Beirut (You must see the video to this - embodies what I am talking about)
6. Goodbye Versailles - Hey Marseilles
7. Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear
8. French Navy - Camera Obscura (My anthem last summer...see this video too!)
9. Volare - Dean Martin (A classic....and makes me think of the Lizzie McGuire Movie
10. Postcards from Italy - Beirut
11. Deep Blue Sea - Grizzly Bear
12. Cold War - Morning Benders

3 comments:

  1. ♥ Beirut.

    And love that song! I wish I could get all my friends together and record a big jam out session, too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see that Beirut is FINALLY touring in the US again? Unfortunately they won't be anywhere near me, but maybe next time...
    http://www.songkick.com/artists/355452-beirut

    ReplyDelete
  3. i posted "excuses" on my tumblr last week! we are def. on the same musical wavelength...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...