Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ouarzazate and on the way to Marrakech {Days 13 &14}

Atlas Mountains

Day 13: Ouarzazate
5 out the 10 students were sick to their stomachs, so only half of us did the daily outing. We visited a movie studio where tons of elaborated, history movies set in the desert, like The Mummy, Gladiator, Passion etc were filmed. It was pretty interesting. Ouarzazate is sort of like the Hollywood of Morocco, but a little less glamourous.
I wasn’t in the mood for taking pictures that day and just sort of absorbed what I was looking at (and it looks a lot different in real life than it does in the movie).
After returning to the hotel, I took a long and much needed nap and chilled out for the rest of the day.

Day 14
Today we were on our way to Marrakech! It was an interesting drive through the Atlas mountains. After we arrived, we took a tour of the city but it was raining, so I didn't photograph anything. I’ve been feeling really groggy and tired lately, not to mention nauseous at times. I think its mostly the weather - its been nasty.
Need to rest up because I want the next and last week to be as glorious as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...