Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fiesta Party

Fiesta Party III
(source), mine, (source)
In honor of Cinco de Mayo tomorrow, I wanted to share with you a Mexican Fiesta Party I hosted a few years ago. The look I was going for was very colorful and inspired by Mexican folk art.
Here are some ideas that I did that could also be used for any ordinary summer entertaining:
Fiesta Party IV
mine, (source)
As the base of the table decor, the runner, I glued rows of pom-pom fringe on the bottom of a woven, plain runner using fabric glue.
Fiesta Party II
Click here for a how-to on paper flowers. They were my main decorations as you can tell, super cheap and easy to make!
Spanish prayer candles also complement the look.
Fiesta Party
 Went to Party City and bought various Mexican garlands and a pinata. Layering is key. The more garland, the merrier. 
Fiesta Party V
mine, (source), mine

My invitation was super simple too: I fringed two strips of tissue paper, glued them unto a yellow invitation card and wrote "Fiesta" on it.
.
For dessert was Margarita Pie, possibly one of my favorite desserts EVER. It is a frozen, liquored up, refreshing treat with a salty pretzel crust.

Margarita Pie
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 oz tequila
1 1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, stiffly beaten
Pretzel Crust
1/2 cup melted butter
1 3/4 cup crushed pretzels
1/2 cup sugar

1. Prepare crust by combining butter, pretzels, and sugar and pressing into a pie pan.
2. In a medium bowl combine milk, alcohols and lime juice.
3. Fold in whipped cream
4. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight
Garnish with Cool Whip

4 comments:

  1. I may have to steal some of your party ideas. I was thinking of having a fiesta for my birthday this year and I can't resist pompoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm hosting a mini-fiesta tomorrow with friends! yours is so beautiful (as expected miss party planning expert, you!). i SO wish i had seen that margarita pie recipe earlier. I was trying to think of a dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love! What a magical party!

    My friends and I are going to try and celebrate Cinco de Mayo to the best of our abilities, haha. These photos definitely give me lots of ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, that pie sounds delicious! (As does every recipe you post on here). If only I had time to celebrate. I always seem to have an exam around this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...