Friday, May 6, 2011

Texas Caviar

Texas Caviar
Texas Caviar
I'm sure many of you could have used this recipe yesterday for Cinco de Mayo, but its just as relevant to make as a cool, refreshing salad/dip for summer. Texas Caviar has so many variations, that it was hard to find the recipe that made me fall in love with it, so I tried to recreate it and made my own recipe.
It's a great side dish as well as dip with some tortilla chips.

Texas Caviar
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
3 plum tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1-15oz can each shoe-peg white sweet corn, black eyed peas, black beans and hominy - all drained and rinsed
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped

For the dressing, whisk together lime juice, oil and honey. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, beans, hominy, and cilantro and mix well, so that everything is dispersed and the dressing marinated everything.

This can last up to a week and gets better the more it marinates.
Texas Caviar

4 comments:

  1. I will be trying this recipe. THank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummers! I have never used hominy or honey, but I have to try it when summer finally gets here! I love hominy, but I eat it mixed with dessicated coconut, sugar, and evaporated milk. mmmm.
    hearts, laura♥
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...