Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Summer List

Sullivan's Island I
{Diana f+, Sullivan's Island in Charleston}

I always make a summer to-do list, even though I know less than half will be accomplished. Better late than never to make one.

To Read:
  • Swamplandia by Karen Russell
  • Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series
  • Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard
  • Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
  • The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
  • South of Broad by Pat Conroy
To Do:
  • buy/make/redo furniture and accessories for my new room and house next year
  • cook more Mediterranean-style
  • paint for my Etsy shop
  • finish seasons 2-4 of 30 Rock, but balance it out with Bravo's summer programming
  • make homemade ice cream
  • start a journal
  • lighten hair in the sun
  • make homemade Oreos
  • write silly songs that I will never let anyone listen to
To Buy:
  • maxi skirt
  • new tennis shoes
  • highlighter color running shorts
  • floppy hat
  • vintage looking 2-piece bathing suit
To Learn:
  • how to make homemade Greek strained yogurt
  • how to make French macaroons
  • how to make homemade perfume
  • how to use my dad's old film camera from the 70's
  • how to make friendship bracelets
What is on your summer to-do list? Any book suggestions?

8 comments:

  1. love your to-do list. i'd really like to spend some lazy days reading this summer as well! (now i just need to buy that hammock to relax outside in!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely list! and I like your new little profile-type picture (what are they called on blogger?? icon? je ne sais pas!). as far as book recommendations go, I'm reading Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver right now and it's sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, I'm still working on mine. As far as book recommendations I'd say Bossypants for non-fiction and A Visit From the Goon Squad for fiction, it has this cool format that jumps around in time and strings together different people's stories, and it just won the Pulitzer for fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your to-do list! I'm in search of a vintage inspired two piece as well!

    The Alchemist is one of my all time fave books; hope you get to enjoy it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you read a confederacy of dunces? it's one of my all time favorites, and a good "classic" for summer time reading. not too heavy and very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make endless to-do lists like yours all the time, too. If you haven't read them already I think you'd really like "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie Smith and "The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets" by Eva Rice. They're both light, kind of romantic, reads with really great characters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Want a juicy summer read? Outlander. Very few brain synapses required for this novel, but it's a fun one! Can't wait to hear what you think of The Alchemist. I think it will resonate with your trip across the desert...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...