Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last Day in Morocco

DSC_0234
DSC_0277
DSC_0316
Sunset IV

Day 22 - Last Day in Morocco

My last day in Tangier could not have been more complete.
In the morning we had our last classes and discussions, followed by a lunch at the hotel. In the afternoon we were free to do as we choose, so a few of us went into the medina to get last minute purchases and gifts. Spent all my dirhams.
We all met up later to go have tea and Moroccan cookies at my professors apartment downtown. We looked at pictures from the past 20 days and already started reminiscing.
That evening we went to one of the restaurants we went to one of our first nights there. We devoured some delicious pizza and wine and called it a night.
...
I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to go on this trip. It was everything I expected and more. Not only have I come back feeling really inspired for new projects and paintings, but I have caught the wanderlust bug (as if I didn't have it before) and realized that being out of my element and routine truly gives me a new perspective.
It was culture shocking for sure, but it was what I needed. Although I don't have a full comprehensive understanding of their culture or religion, I feel I have a better grasp on it and have since stopped comparing their standards to ours when it comes to whats allowed there and whats allowed here. This trip has dispelled any ethnocentric ideas I might have once had.

I highly recommend Morocco - for the eyes and for the mind.

4 comments:

  1. Im glad u enjoyed ur trip!

    I must say i enjoyed it too thru lookin at ur wonderful photography!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like a dream to me. You are very lucky to have the experiance of visiting Morocco. I would love to go one day. Thanks for the wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sad we won't be able to see anymore beautiful Morocco pictures, but I enjoyed your stunning eye taking us through the country in these recent posts.

    I think the best we can hope for when we travel is a new perspective and the way you know you've gained that is when you finally stop comparing things to what you know. I am glad you were able to achieve that. It's still something I work at in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it seems like your trip was life changing for you lauren. i've loved living vicariously through all of your picturess! safe travels back to the states <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...