Friday, June 10, 2011

Madrid for an Evening

Mariachi
MadridProtestCornerCostumeMadrid
Sangria
MadridMariachiMadridMadridMadrid
Madrid
Madrid
Converse
<span class=Madrid
Mod
PaellaMadridMadridMadridMadrid

A week ago from today I was just getting into Madrid, our flight to the US left early the next morning, so we had time to spend a most wonderful evening there.
The weather could have not been more perfect, nor the lighting (I love how it doesn't get dark until 10). Having not done any research on the city before going, I didn't know what to expect.
Oddly, as big and busy as Madrid is, I didn't feel overwhelmed, like in Marrakesh. Perhaps it was because I didn't know what to look for or top sites to see, so I just wandered and let it all sink in. It was perfect. We were all in this blissful, relaxed state of being in awe of our surroundings.
We went to the main square of the city and had a feast of Sangria, melon with prosciutto, chewy white bread, and seafood paella.
So. good.
With the amount of beauty I saw in the few hours I was there - the architecture, the food, the men - I now know that I NEED to go back to Spain. As soon as possible.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Spain looks beautiful and sooo alive! And I will take your word about the MEN in Spain :) Now it seems I have to go there too!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like heaven! Madrid is so on my to-go-to list and your photos are amazing. For long and bright summer nights I recommend Stockholm where it right now only gets really dark for a few hours around midnight. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. spain looks incredible. i must get there someday. i wanna see running with the bulls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Spain. A couple of my close friends used to go every summer and run with the bulls and visit some sort of amazing sunflower fields. So jealous. Your pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My reactions to Madrid when I went like 12 years ago were almost exactly the same as yours. Sounds like you have a lot of places to go back to someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new blog. It's incredible. Check out mine. I know you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madrid looks so regal...I definitely want to get there soon. Spain in general seems like a dream, so full of culture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pops of colour & the great blue sky!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...