Monday, June 20, 2011

Mixtape Monday: What I am Listening to and Why

Here's what I have been listening to lately and why:

1. YR Go To - Architecture in Helsinki (They were one of my favorite bands in high school and I love their new sound. Its good when artists grow but are still recognizable.)
2. Up Up Up - The Givers (Such a happy song! For fans of Ra Ra Riot and Vampy Week [Vampire Weekend])
3. Lighthouse - NewVillager (Got it off a Birp playlist. For fans of "All These Things That I've Done" by the Killers, which by the way, their debut album still remains one of my favorites of all time.)
4. Swimsuit - Oregon Bike Trails (This is pure surfer music, also from Birp.)
5. Eyes - Peter Bjorn and John (I still need to get this whole CD, just have bits and pieces now. Makes me want to do the twist!)
6. Change of the Seasons - Sweet Thing (I got this song stuck in my head after I saw the opening credits for Easy A and it is the first day of summer tomorrow.)
7. Second Hand News - Fleetwood Mac (Still on my Fleetwood kick...)
8. Grown Ocean - Fleet Foxes (This song makes me want to go running in wooded hills while the sun is rising. Get this record if its the only thing you do this summer.)
9. Longing to Belonging - Eddie Vedder (The Ukelele is THE instrument of the summer)
10. Carousel - Vanessa Carlton (I have always been a loyal fan of hers, I think she is really underrated. I also love the images of this song.)
11. The Cascades - Fleet Foxes (After having been to Spain now, I am craving Spanish guitar music.)
12. You Were Never There - Diego Garcia (another Spanish sounding tune...)
13. Sunday - Field (I love their voices)
14. 20 Years - the Civil Wars (They harmonize so well, gives me another reason to move to Nashville. I have a strong desire to live there but ironically dislike country music.)
15. Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan

Also, Paste has put together their 10 New Songs for Summer 2011, and I think they are pretty spot on.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever heard any of those songs so I must dash and sample them asap! Love the mixtape idea x redpoppyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww .. i love vanessa carlton, too. i always felt like she and i could be friends!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...