Friday, July 22, 2011

5 Summer Beauty Essentials

Summer Beauty Essentials
When thinking about my Summer Beauty essentials (inspired by this post), I realized that my routine revolves more so about my hair and skin protection than anything else. Here are my summer must-haves:

(Left to right)

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo
My hair gets so dark in the winter, so in the summer I really try and lighten it to make it a more vibrant red. My goal is not to become blonde, because I would look horrible as one, but I bought this as an attempt to brighten my hair - and I believe it has worked.

Fekkai Marine Summer Hair
I love beachy waves all year round, and after trying many sea salt sprays, this one has been the best. It's not crunchy at all and pieces my waves perfectly. It also suppresses my frizz.

Neutrogena UltraSheer Sunblock
As a pale redhead, I cannot tan at all. My goal every summer is to try and stay as white as I can. This year I got two horrible burns and have already gotten a mysterious mole removed from the back of my calf (the #1 spot for cancerous moles on women). I also don't want wrinkles when I am older - ergo I always wear high spf sunblock. I found the Neutrogena formulas to be the least greasiest and pore-blocking. It's the only kind I buy.

Sun-In
I love that they haven't changed the bottle packaging since the 80's. I was a little hesitant to use this in my red hair, thinking it would turn it orange, but alas it did not. Thank goodness! It definitely helped bring out the golden highlights I can get in my hair.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in Mint Sprint
I am currently wearing this fun aqua on my toes right now. This formula really does dry super fast and has a great fat brush for the surprisingly thick polish. After Essie and OPI, I would say Sally Hansen makes the best inexpensive nail lacquer.

I try and keep my makeup simple in the summer - bronzer on my cheeks and eyes, waterproof liner on my inner lids, some mascara and sun protective lip tint.

What are your summer beauty essentials?

11 comments:

  1. Recently I've developed a nice summer glow on my face, it's nice not to have to wear a full face of makeup every day and not feel like a corpse.

    I'd say a good moisturiser is essential, peeling skin is never a good look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! It's really interesting to hear other people's routines, the Fekkai spray sounds awesome x

    http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. on another note, the backdrop behind those products is pure '60s summer perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am obsessed with sun-in! i bought it on a whim before my december vacation and now i cannot stop using it! my hair is sooo blond, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaa I have a weird looking splotch on the back of my calf. I am already paranoid about it, (derm said it was ok until it changed) even more so now! Sun-in is fun for redheads. My summer essentials right now consist of Neutrogena sportface 75+ sunblock, and Tecnu poison oak remover. Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I've been wanting to try the Sheer Blonde Go Blonder products but I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I've been looking for a sea salt spray to try and I've been hearing a lot of good things about that Fekkai spray!

    It's super mild and almost always cloudy in the SF-Bay Area...I'd totally kill for some Southern sun and humidity right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. during summer i usually just stick to a dusting of bronzer! i love all your products-- i used to use sun-in when i was in high school to try to get blonde highlights-- it really does work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Insta-Dri nail polish has the best brush of any nail polish I've ever used. I'm wearing Brisk Blue right now. Between these and their nail decal strips, Sally Henson is the best brand for polishes.

    Also, I really love Suave's dry shampoo spray. It gives a lot of volume, smells so good and is pretty cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hair gets pretty dark in the winter too, such a good idea to lighten it in the summer!

    I have this minted rose lip balm that's always my go to for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I'm not the only one obsessed with higher spf. I pretty much layer it on all day. I get tan so easily, I must!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...