Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Homemade Yogurt

Homemade Yogurt
Homemade Yogurt
I have yogurt at least once a day and have been asking for a yogurt maker for the past few Christmases.
Now thanks to this recipe, I no longer need a yogurt maker and all of it's necessary ingredients. All I need is a half gallon of milk, a few tablespoons of plain yogurt and 16 hours (easy.cheap!).
After the overnight incubation and straining process was over, I tasted the fruits of my "labor," and I might be biased, but it's some of the best yogurt I've tasted. Mild, thick and creamy - oh so creamy!
I feel an obsession coming on...
Homemade Yogurt
I have been having mine for a quick breakfast these past few days - mixed with some blueberries (which are so delicious at the moment) and strawberries.

6 comments:

  1. wow, I didn't even know you could make your own yoghurt! (yes, I can be a bit stupid sometimes haha) it looks lush, espec with the blueberries mmm x

    ramz and the flock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a pinterest account? I love following your blog, because you post such PRETTY things, and I'd love to follow you there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Greek yogurt. I've got to try this out some time soon! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I've never made my own yogurt but this looks so easy and delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how much yogurt you you end up with? I love Gk yogurt, but I can't eat it everyday since I'm lactose intolerant. however, I do want to eat it more often, and that stuff's expensive!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...