Monday, July 25, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Cults

Over the last 2 weeks, I have been obsessing over Cults - the band. The boy-girl duo have this retro sound a la Best Coast and Tennis, but have a rawness to them as well that reminds me of Sleigh Bells. I complied this week's mix tape based on my favorite songs off their debut album.

1. Go Outside - Cults (You will get this stuck in your head. The video below is controversial but ironic considering their name.)
2. Greenleaf - Generationals
3. Ice Cream - Sound of Arrows
4. Each and Every Day - Best Coast (This band is so summer-ready.)
5. You Know What I Mean - Cults (so 60's)
6. Take Me Somewhere - Tennis (Here is a playlist I made inspired by them)
7. True Love Ways - My Morning Jacket
8. I Want To - Best Coast
9. Oh My God - Cults
10. Release Me - The Like
11. Last Dance - The Raveonettes
12. Never Heal Myself - Cults
13. Rill Rill - Sleigh Bells
14. Used to Be - Beach House
15. Forget that You're Young - The Raveonettes


(Also, I was very saddened to hear about Amy Winehouse -I was and still am a huge fan of her music. Looking back I had 2 mix tapes that featured music by mainly her: here and here

1 comment:

  1. We've been listening to a lot of Cults, too. They have such a great energy. I agree that the loss of Amy Winehouse was such a tragedy. Although this was not completely unexpected, she was an incredible talent and deserves some respect for the music she left behind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...