Monday, July 11, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Shuffle

Watercolor
{double exposure I recently did of underwater pictures I took a few years ago at the beach}

1. Shuffle - Bombay Bicycle Club (One of their songs was my favorite of last summer and I have a feeling that this new single will be my favorite of this summer. So danceable and happy.)
2. Daylight - Matt & Kim (#1 is reminiscent of this song...this one is a perennial summer favorite)
3. Good Ol' Fashioned Nightmare - Matt & Kim (makes me want to play hopscotch)
4. (You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care - Cee Lo Green (This is from the Rave On Buddy Holly covers album which I am currently obsessed with. This man has an incredible voice.)
5. Hospital Beds - Florence and the Machine (She sang this at the concert. Love the lyrics)
6. Crying, Waiting, Hoping - Karen Elson (Also a Buddy Holly cover)
7. I Can't Make You Love Me - Bon Iver (This cover is so heartbreaking and honest, a nice take on the already amazing original)
8. Window - The Album Leaf (Reminds me of the sun breaking above the trees at dawn. Beautiful and relaxing)
9. Swimming - Florence and the Machine (Didn't really listen to this song until recently. Genius.)
10. The Summer - Coconut Records (I was in Alabama this past weekend and I always listen to this song on the car ride there)
11. Rinse Me Down - Bombay Bicycle Club (An autumn favorite)

4 comments:

  1. have you ever thought of making your mixes downloadable? because I would totally take advantage of that! great mix as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Bon Iver's cover amazing? As is his whole new album!

    Love your new mix and pretty double exposure too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous photo! I say that way too much on your blog haha. Great song list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have known you'd like Rave On, I've been listening to it like crazy! I love a good compilation. The next one I'm really excited for is Muppets: The Green Album, in August.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...