Friday, July 15, 2011

Moroccan Chicken Tagine

Chicken Tagine
I recently made this Moroccan meal for my mom's birthday, inspired by the delicious tagines I had there. Tagines are a very traditional Moroccan meal consisting of couscous as a base with usually a stew of chicken, dried fruit, veggies and spices on top (see here, here, and here). They are cooked in tagine pottery on the stove or in the oven. Although I purchased a tagine in Morocco, it is way too decorative and I am afraid to put food in it - much less cook in it (way to be practical Lauren!), so I cooked mine in a large pot, which sufficed just as well.
I loosely based by recipe off of this one and made a few time efficient adjustments. (Instead of cutting a whole chicken and making a broth from it, I bought chicken drumsticks and skipped straight to the sauté step. I also used apricots instead of the raisins and left out the sesame seeds.) It took time to cook but at the same time was easy to prepare. I was pleased with the taste and similarities to the tagines I had while I was in Morocco.
Also on the side was Moroccan Carrot Salad.
.
and for dessert was Banana Cake with Nutella Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting. Dense, rich and chilled. YUM.
Banana Nutella Cake

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the wishes dear.this meal and desert looks so yummiiiiii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morocco is def on my list on places to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...