Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Cinematic Orchestras

When I go for a walk, I often like to listen to lyric-less music - swelling orchestral arrangements that could very well be used in a Pride and Prejudice - like period romantic drama. It makes sense that most of these gorgeous, goose-bump inducing songs have beautifully shot film shorts to with them. This is one of my favorite mix tapes ever (I included some lyric-filled songs too).

1. Arrival of the Birds - The Cinematic Orchestra

.

2. To Build a Home - The Cinematic Orchestra

.

3. Window - The Album Leaf

.

4. The A Team - Birdy
.

5. The First Days of Spring - Noah and the Whale

.

6. Someone Like You - Adele
.

7. Truly, Madly, Deeply - Ray LaMontagne
.

8. Pretty Good Year - Vitamin String Quartet
.

9. Spooky Couch - Albert Hammond, Jr.
.

10. Avril 14th - Aphex Twin

.

11. Postcards from Far Away - Coldplay
.

12. Marseilles - Hey Marseilles
.

13. The Cascades - Fleet Foxes
.

14. Creep - Scala
.

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same way when I work! It's so hard to focus if you're busy singing along!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my god these are some beautiful songs. i'm so jealous a few of my friends got to see noah and the whale in concerts a few months back!

    www.hiimsaratee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post! Great music taste :) Thanks for your lovely comment!

    www.educatedmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola!

    Thanks for sharing your music! i love listening to new music(:
    I really like your blog!
    Thanks for the sweet comment, I hope you learn some spanish!, Im still learning english myself:p

    Hope you re having an awesome day!

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful songs & cinematography! the first one was my favorite :) i should use this playlist for while i'm at work. sometimes lyrics can be too distracting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...