Friday, August 19, 2011

One More Year

Charleston Sunset
Charleston Sunset
Charleston Sunset
Charleston Sunset
It is so strange how quickly time passes. I can remember perfectly moving into my freshman dorm and now I am entering my senior year and am moving off-campus into a house. This summer has been thrilling, inspiring, and a lot of work - but it all went together perfectly as my "last summer." I am really excited to be returning to school (which in the past I would have never said that), to live with some wonderful friends, and to cross off a lot of things off my Charleston bucket list.
Originally when I went to college in Charleston, I thought I would have wanted to stay there after and work, but the longer I have been here, the smaller it feels. I think it is my "passing though" city, a pre-requisite to a larger city. I have most definitely grown a lot there, but I think a larger city would allow me to grow even more.
I'm going to take full-advantage this year of where I live and get the most out of it, because I truly don't know how much longer I will be there. My mind changes daily of where I would like to move after college, which is both liberating and daunting, to not have to be tied down to any one location.

"I don't know where I am going from here, but I promise it won't be boring" - David Bowie

6 comments:

  1. I really like the second picture<3
    Love that quote from Bowie (:
    Hope youre having a magic day(;

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos :)

    www.educatedmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your final year at school! And I understand how you feel about charleston; after our 4th year living there, I was ready to leave as well. There will always be a special place in your heart for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your final year! it would be my final year except for my switching schools and taking a semester off, so I've got another year and a half! still, I can kind of feel that weighty importance of most of my friends starting their final year... it's strange to be out of that loop, but also a reminder that you never know how things are going to end up! living off campus is great... I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your final year! Savor every moment of school and enjoy Charleston while you can. The "real world" isn't all that fun sometimes. I'm going to suggest NYC for your next move. You will never feel like it is too "small". I may be partial though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an exciting time! Congrats on your final year; hope it's a wonderful one!

    I love your photos in this post too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...