Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
I have been craving some sort of moist zucchini bread recipe, so when I saw this one that doubled up on the chocolate, I knew I had to make it. It is so dense and moist and has stayed really well in the fridge. I enjoy mine in the morning with some cream cheese spread across it. I also doubled this recipe and baked it in a bunt pan.

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
(adapted from Cooking Light)
.
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups finely shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
2/4 cup dark chocolate chips
.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed until well blended. Stir in applesauce.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring well with a whisk.
Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating just until moist.
Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack, and remove from pan.
Enjoy hot or cold!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

7 comments:

  1. mmm this looks SO good! i am going to make it for the next teachers' potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I never know what to do with all of the zucchini I accumulate, so this is a fantastic and delicious solution. I like the idea of spreading it with cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know chocolate makes everything better, but Bundts are the next best thing :)
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds absolutely fantastic! all of your recipes really look amazing. i've never tried a zucchini bread, but now i'm motivated to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, just dropping by to respond to your question about whether or not I plan on staying in the UK after I graduate. The answer is, probably not. Although I love Edinburgh and am extremely glad I was lucky enough to stay here for an extra year, there's something about being abroad that makes me realize just how American I really am. I miss little things like customer service, driving, good food, that can-do American confidence that makes you approach random strangers and be open and kind to them (often seen as arrogance), triple glazed windows/dryers/elevators (all of the buildings seem stuck in the 19th century here and are always freezing), etc. I like Scotland because I like the University of Edinburgh. It is a very accessible and friendly community for an English literature nerd like me, however once I graduate I'll need to find a new community and that might be hard given how British people socialize. It can be a very closed off community where you just hang out with the same kids you always did because it's easier than meeting new ones. As a result, you have to be extremely proactive to make new friends (and although pushing yourself out of your comfort zone can be a good thing), it gets exhausting on a long term basis. I've also been extremely disappointed with the dating scene here which is basically- unrequited love until you both go to a nightclub and get wasted, make out on the dance floor, then go home together, voila, relationship where you spend so much time together it's like you're married! I'm fine with staying single while I'm a student, but in the long run, I'd finally like a boyfriend and because I don't approve of dating habits here, that might be tough. Lastly, but not least, the economy is actually worse in Europe than the US right now, so it's not like I'm doing myself any favors by staying. All of this is tentative though. In the end, I'll go wherever the job or MA is. We'll see, but that is my very very longwinded answer to are going to stay abroad or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll so be making this. My grandma used to make a chocolate zucchini cake and it was the moistest thing ever. I'm getting hungry just looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got some zucchini from the farmer's market; can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...