Friday, September 9, 2011

Countries I Want to See, Pt.2

Gold hill, England.
England, The Peak District, Kinder Scout
Chester, England
England
I have watched way too many period costume dramas for my own good, so to me, England has a very romantic quality to it. I long to be surrounded by real British accents, because right now I am just surrounded by fake ones (my roommates and I typically speak to each other in British accents). When I go, I would like to only be in London for a little while, but spend a majority of the time exploring the Austen-esque countryside.


Pôr-do-sol no Arpoador Sunset (Ampliada)
Rio Amazonas (Amazon River)
Christ The Redeemer
Brazil
There is such a mysterious and forbidden quality to this country, that it only entices me more. From the vivacious cities to the rainforest, I think it would be an inspiring place filled with color and culture. Also, the people are beautiful.


Machu Picchu
Llamas
Chivay - Valle del Colca - Perú
Peru
This has been on my list for a very long time. I tried to find a study abroad program there, but had no luck. The landscape is so ancient looking with Machu Picchu and there are so many llamas! I love Peruvian folk dress and art. I think the colors are so brilliant and happy, it convinces me that Peruvians must be very kind folk. Did I mention there are lots of llamas?

What countries do you want to see?

11 comments:

  1. You always find such beautiful photos! I was in Peru for a month this past summer and it was INCREDIBLE, definitely a life changing experience. I highly encourage you to go the moment you have the chance, and feel free to email me (embellishmentsbeauty@gmail.com) if you have any questions or want suggestions. I'm so in love with Peru that I'm constantly offering unsolicited advice to people who want to travel there, haha.

    embellishmentsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I'm dying to go to England as well (the Austen countryside has quite some appeal for me too!). Ireland is one my list for it's beauty while Italy tops my list as a culinary destination. And I think I'll be going to Peru for a volunteer trip this January and I couldn't be more excited! Thanks for sharing these wonderful places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. England is definitely up there for me. I think I mentioned this before, but Japan is a close tie. I've never thought of going to travel in South America, but those photos of Brazil look lovely!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhhh traveling! why am I not doing it right now?! And you should definitely go to Peru! If you're ever interested in volunteering with disabled kids I can hook you up. No fee or anything like that and you're welcome to stay at the children's home while you volunteer. will change your life, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Period dramas have definitely had the same effect on me - let's hope England can live up to all of the romantic expectations (: Croatia is one of the top must-see places on my travel list (as well as all of these places!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brazil and Peru are up there on my list. As is Iceland. And Alaska.

    And thank you for your sweet comment on my favourite photo on Anonymous Was A Woman. Hope your diana's turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, all of these, plus Japan, Italy, France, Switzerland.. lol the list for me goes on and on. :) Great post, I was going to post about this too but haven't put it up yet! :D

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this list! I have so many places on my list... Turkey, India, Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, yes England is lovely even though I've only been there once since settling in Scotland last year. Past family vacations have taken me to London before though. London is quintessentially English: royalty, Gothic architecture, sordid histories now turned into tourism, rain, and more variations on the archetypal accent than can be quantified. I haven't be there in awhile, but I have several London friends and live with a flatmate from Brighton (where I think the BBC accent comes from.)Hopefully, I can drop down there to visit a friend who happens to be studying abroad in the city this semester.

    I'd love to go to Belgium, Turkey, and French Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  10. peru is truly wonderful. i loved it there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. London is the best!....if u eva wanna travel around here i'll show u around
    ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...