Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Handmade Fall

Crafted Fall Leaves
Crafted Fall LeavesCrafted Fall Leaves
Crafted Fall Leaves
Crafted Fall Leaves
Crafted Fall Leaves
Crafted Fall Leaves
Crafted Fall Leaves
Crafted Fall Leaves
Because Charleston cannot get a change of leaves (rather we have palm trees) nor a fairly reasonable Fall temperature until November, I have to create my own fall.
Last year in my dorm I crafted these Fall leaves for my window, using torn pages from an old novel and textured handmade paper in Autumn's colors. I freehandedly cut some leaves from the papers and glued them in a row to some string, then hung the it vertically in my window.
The result was an instant and satisfactory Fall-fix.

What fall-inpsired crafts have you been working on lately?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing. I love how you brought fall to yourself even though you can't get it in SC. Although the leaves do change color in the UK, they lack pumpkin spice lattes over here, so I can't quite get into the season haha This season is supposed to be about nature, yet I'm basing it on consumerist coffee. Wonderful, ha

    Nice fall playlist! I agree that Fleet Foxes are the quintessential autumn band. I also love how you singled out Michicant, one of the stronger tracks on Bon Iver's new album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute =) You post the most wonderful things on your blog!

    embellishmentsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly how it is here in Austin too! Love this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is such a great, easy, and gorgeous decoration! you are so super creative, Lauren!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...