Monday, September 5, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Currently Listening to...

1. Shuffle a Dream - Little Dragon (so dance jazzy)
2. Hard to Explain - Owen Pallet (amazing cover of a Stokes classic)
3. A Candle's Fire - Beirut (Their new album is great, very uplifting yet true to their sound)
4. Home (RAC Mix) - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (Rarely do remixes do the original any justice, however this one is an exception)
5. Lights Out, Words Gone - Bombay Bicycle Club (I have been waiting for this album to drop and it definitely didn't disappoint)
6. What the Water Gave Me - Florence and the Machine (I cant believe her next album comes out in November - it cannot come soon enough!)
7. Little Cup - Thao & Mirah
8. Wash. - Bon Iver
9. Fracture - Bombay Bicycle Club
10. Hallelujah - Thao & Mirah
11. Roll On - Dntel (Jenny Lewis sings on this track, ergo I love it)
12. Welcome Home, Son - Radical Face (reminds me of classic Death Cab)
13. My Pet Snakes - Jenny and Johnny (love the lyrics)
14. Leave It - Bombay Bicycle Club

5 comments:

  1. i looove owen pallet! he does a great cover of the joanna newsom song "peach, plum, pear," too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any version of 'Hallelujah'. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to visit our blog and follow us back if you'd like!

    Also, enter our giveaway for a Tiffany & Co. necklace!

    Blessings,
    Kat
    www.maryandder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited to make good use of this list and discover some new artists! I'm already a huge fan of Florence so the very fact that you posted that video assures me that you've got great taste! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather started to cool off here and it's made me excited about making a fall playlist! I love yours! The Thao + Mirah album is great, no?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...