Monday, September 26, 2011

Mixtape Monday: The Fall

Fall at Duke
Because Autumn is my favorite season, do expect many playlists devoted to it.

1. Shake It Out - Florence + The Machine (Her sophomore album is due November 1. It seems as though all my longtime favorites - Feist, Coldplay, etc - are all debuting new albums this fall)
2. Love of an Orchestra - Noah and the Whale
3. Hysteric (Acoustic Version) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
4. Good Arms vs. Bad Arms - Frightened Rabbit (makes me want to do some uplifting modern dance)
5. Blue Ridge Mountains - Fleet Foxes (any fall playlist is incomplete without some Fleet Foxes)
6. Michicant - Bon Iver
7. Flaws - Bombay Bicycle Club
8. If I Had a Boat - James Vincent McMorrow
9. Harvest Moon - Neil Young
10. Lost in My Mind - The Head and the Heart
11. Decatur, or Round of a Applause for Your Step-Mother! - Sufjan Stevens (His whole Illinoise Album is very fallish)
12. The Walls Are Coming Down - Fanfarlo
13. No Such Thing - John Mayer (I always associate this with fall because I remember listening to this in 6th grade right when the leaves were starting to change)
14. Everything, All At Once - Correatown
15. World Spins Madly On - The Weepies

2 comments:

  1. super excited for Feist and F+the machine! also excited that I realized internet explorer will let me comment on blogs (firefox was giving me issues grrrr).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't autumn playlists the best? I'm on a serious Bon Iver kick cause he's perfect for the fall and I just saw him play here in Austin! Love your list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...