Monday, September 19, 2011

Mixtape Monday: First Days of Autumn

First Fall Leaf
Fall's first day is only a few days away, but it seems that mother nature has caught on early. It has been surprisingly cool and breezy the past few days in Charleston and only promises me that a crisp and cozy Autumn is in store. I hope that this time next year I will be living somewhere that actually has a full change of leaves, because Fall is my favorite season. Prepare yourself for many, many Autumn- related posts...starting with this one, a Fall mix tape.
When I think of Fall music, I think of folksy, perhaps bluegrass twanged tunes...

1. Montezuma - Fleet Foxes (They capture the essence of the season for me.)
2. Barney Rubble - The Twang
3. Payne's Bay - Beirut
4. Heirloom - Sufjan Stevens
5. Generator ^ 2nd Floor - Freelance Whales
6. Sweet Louie - The Bell Brigade (this band reminds me SO much of Fleetwood Mac, wonderful harmonizing)
7. Blue Skies Again - Jessica Lea Mayfield
8. Eveningland - Hem
9. I'm A Pilot - Fanfarlo
10. Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
11. Someone You'd Admire - Fleet Foxes
12. Swim Club - The Cave Singers
13. Camera Talk - Local Natives
14. Welcome Home, Son - Radical Face
15. Swim Till You Can't See Land - Frightened Rabbit

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...