Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Melancholy Drama

Despite me being really happy lately, I still love to listen to melancholy, dramatic music. I have been listening to Snow Patrol's old music a lot lately and hanging out in drafty coffee shops, so I think that's what influenced this playlist. Take a listen let it take out any angsty, melodramatic feelings you may have. Music is truly the best therapy.

1. Set the Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol and Martha Wainwright (epic)
2. North - Phoenix (One of my favorite songs of theirs, and its all instrumental. I imagine walking in the snow at night.)
3. I Can't Make You Love Me - Bon Iver (So pitiful, so lovely)
4. Baby's Romance - Chris Garneau
5. Turning Tables - Adele (I was once on a run outside and it started pouring and this song was playing. It was perfection.)
6. Beach - Peter Wolf Crier (If you love Bon Iver, you will love this.)
7. Make This Go On Forever - Snow Patrol (another epic)
8. Broken Horse - Freelance Whales
9. Hero - Regina Spektor
10. You Don't Need This Song - Fields
11. Your Ghost - Greg Laswell (Haunting, obviously)
12. Summer Skin - Death Cab for Cutie
13. Somewhere A Clock is Ticking - Snow Patrol (suspenseful)
14. Brothers On A Hotel Bed - Death Cab for Cutie
15. Signs - Bloc Party

5 comments:

  1. I'm quite the same with music sometimes! I listen to the saddest of songs even when I'm in the best of moods! I absolutely love "Set the Fire to the Third Bar" and "Make This Go On Forever" - no matter how melancholy they are, they're also epic and beautiful. Great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been all about sad music the past few weeks for some reason as well. Essentially any song by Jason Reeves works, especially New Hampshire. Although it can be a bit hard to find.

    hiimsaratee.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/#!/_saratee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get accused of playing horribly depressing music because I fall in love with the melodies and ignore the lyrics generally. I'm not really depressed, just wooed by lovely instrumentation. Good list here, you picked two of my favorite Snow Patrol songs (apparently they have a new album dropping soon, exciting!). "Somewhere a Clock is Ticking" is truly epic. I equate Foals "Spanish Sahara" with that song and I know you're also a fan of them.

    Glad to see people other than Minnesotans supporting Peter Wolf Crier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya. Even when I'm chipper I love listening to dramatic, sentimental, sometimes depressing lyrics. And I really don't know why.
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the saddest music can be the most beautiful. I downloaded 'I can't make you love me' after reading this post and have had it on repeat ever since. It's just so nice! I wish I was musically talented :( xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...