Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mixtape Monday: Feist-y

All last week I was streaming Feist's new album, Metals, on her website at least twice a day. Today I finally purchased it and have been obsessing over it non-stop. It's perfectly chill, catchy and beautifully written. This week's playlist is inspired by some of my favorite songs off it.

1. Rise Up with Fists!! - Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins (hands down one of my ALL time favorite songs)
2. Cicadas and Gulls - Feist (its about the south, and reminds me in particular of Charleston)
3. Ghosts in the Attic - Leona Naess
4. Red Berries - Angus and Julia Stone
5. Hideaway - Karen O and the Kids
6. Hear the Bells - Vanessa Carlton (her new album is fantastic as well)
7. Caught A Long Wind - Feist (super moody and mysterious, reminds me of 'The Water")
8. Curs in the Weeds - Horse Feathers
9. Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl - Broken Social Scene
10. Typical - Laura Marling (the lyrics!)
11. Bittersweet Melodies - Feist
12. Time - Ben Folds
13. Coming Down - Dum Dum Girls (been having this stuck in my head all week)

and there's this - Florence in all her Stevie Nicksness:

1 comment:

  1. Loving the new Florence video, and your mixtape! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...