Monday, October 17, 2011

Mixtape Monday: What I am Listening to and Why

1. Wood - Rostam (Rostam Batmanglij from Vampire Weekend has just released this new song, and I have the biggest crush on it. So many wonderful things happening here, very global sounding.)
2. Atlantic - Givers (Their debut album was one of my favorite albums of the summer, and right now I keep going back to this song.)
3. Forca - Nelly Furtado (This song makes me feel invincible and want to travel and dance around.)
4. Dreamer - Elizaveta (If you love Imogen Heap and Regina Spektor, you will love this song.)
5. The Circle Married the Line - Feist (Such a sweet song, off her amazing new album. Seriously, if you don't have this album - you must get it now!)
6. Grey Days - The Concretes (A favorite from high school, and never gets old.)
7. So Sorry - Feist (Such a simple message, applicable to anyone.)
8. Maybe Sparrow - Neko Case (It took me a while for Fox Confessor Brings the Flood to seduce me, but it is now one of my favorites.)
9. The Bad in Each Other - Feist (Easily my favorite song off the new album)
10. White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes (How much more fallish could this song sound?)
11. The Big Guns - Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins (Country-fied and loveable)
12. Bedroom Eyes - Dum Dum Girls (so catchy)

1 comment:

  1. This is my quintessential playlist right now too!

    At first I found the Dum Dum Girls album too catchy and redundant, but it's slowly but surely growing on me. I always fall into the heavy funk of "Coming Down" whenever I hear it.

    The new Feist album is amazing! Definitely worth the wait, I'd say. It sounds Fesit-y of course, but I appreciate how it's more upbeat. The opening tracks really get you going.

    I think "seduce" is the perfect word to describe Fox Confessor. It really does lull you into some sordid fairytale like trance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...