Monday, November 28, 2011

Mixtape Mondays: Christmas Mix Vol.1

Ornament reflection
The most wonderful time of the year is finally here and I can't hardly contain my candy cane induced sugar high. Christmas music is like cilantro, you either love it or hate it, and I happen to love Christmas music (and cilantro). If you're a sceptic who believes that Christmas music is absolutely horrible, please give my playlists of of- the-hidden-track songs a listen.

1. Got Something for You - Best Coast, Wavves
2. ¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe! - The Killers (Every year they record a new Christmas single)
3. I Wouldn't Trade Christmas - Frank Sinatra
4. Holiday - Vampire Weekend
5. The Christmas Song - The Raveonettes
6. I'll Be Home For Christmas - She & Him (Their Christmas album is super duper cute)
7. White Christmas - Lady Gaga (On Thanksgiving, she had a holiday TV special on ABC, it was simply wonderful and showcased her talent, including an unexpected cover of this song)
8. Red Ribbon Foxes - A Fine Frenzy
9. Your Song - Ellie Goulding (I think she and Ewan Mc Gregor both do better covers than the original)
10. That Was the Wort Christmas Ever! - Sufjan Stevens (His Christmas album is already a classic, in my opinion)
11. Cinnamon and Chocolate - Butterfly Boucher
12. Winter Song - Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson (so freaking beautiful)
13. Christmas Lights - Coldplay (Free song of the week on itunes, I believe)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I'm so excited! Can't wait to give these tracks a listen x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...