Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party

Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party
2 years ago, the theme for my family's annual Christmas party was a peppermint, candy cane dessert buffet. Inspired by Amy Atlas dessert table scapes, I took the red and white color theme to the max, but in an organized manner (she is so good at doing that). Here's how I created it:
.
We hung some peppermint colored tissue paper pinwheels to create a backdrop, they are inexpensive and are sold by many vendors online. I found mine at PartyCheap.com.
.
Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party
.
This was the invitation that was hand written and hand delivered to as many people as possible.
.
Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party
.
Every year I make homemade gingerbread cookies with royal icing according to the theme of the party - my favorite recipe to use and cookie cutter and decoration ideas to come!
.
Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party
.
To rim these cups filled with eggnog, I lightly dipped the rim of the cup in light corn syrup and then dipped it in a bowl of sugar sprinkles and let dry overnight.
.
Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party
.
I made a cake and decorated it with crushed peppermints and candy canes.
.
The candy arrangements on the side are made with jumbo sized lollipops, a little styrofoam in the base and red cellophane to cover. We wrapped boxes in wrapping paper to elevate them.
.
For the pretzels, melt white chocolate and dip large pretzel sticks just halfway and place on wax paper. Sprinkle them with christmas jimmies before they dry.
.
Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party
.
To make peppermint bark: melt a 14 oz bag of dark chocolate and spread evenly over a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Let harden. Repeat with a bag of white chocolate and spread over the hardened dark chocoalte. Crush several candy canes and press onto top of white chocolate before it hardens. After it cools, break into pieces
.
Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party
.
Peppermint Christmas Dessert Party
Let me know if you want further details or ideas for your own Christmas party - I'd love to help!

6 comments:

  1. OMG it turned out so cute! this year i've decided to put tins of baked goods in with all my christmas gifts so i'm looking for some really tasty holiday recipes. I'll definitely want to make all of these recipes, thanks for sharing Lauren!

    PS do you have pinterest? i feel like your page would be so fun to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is a great idea! I wish I could have a Christmas party this awesometastic!!!!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these photos! :D I absolutely love the idea, and all the food looks delicious. I'll definitely be using some of these ideas!

    imsaratee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great holiday party idea! I love all the red & white details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great party idea! You really went all out and the results are adorable. I can't wait to see images from this year's party.

    I've always loved peppermint bark but have never made it. Your recipe seems so simple, I might just have to try it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great ideas! I love the dipped rims of the eggnog glasses.

    This post definitely makes me want to plan a holiday party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...