Wednesday, January 25, 2012

5 Winter Beauty Essentials

winter beauty
I never try and let the post-Holiday blues get a ahold of me. I try my darndest to stay away from a perennial cycle of sweats and concealer and try to live as colorful and summer-y as possible. Here are my go-to beauty products of Winter '12, perhaps the most mild winter I will experience in a while.

(Left to Right)

1. Almay intense i-color in Purple Amethyst
Because my eyes get so easily irritated and bloodshot in the winter riding on my bike, I try to keep my eyes looking as bright as possible. A slightly reddish purple mascara contrasts with green eyes, making the whites look whiter and your iris more vibrant. It has such subtle color in the mascara, that it wears so easily for everyday use.

2. It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product
This stuff is basically lotion for your dry/wet hair. In the winter, my hair is so dried out, I only wash it once a week. I condition my hair in between washes with this and it keeps it molded and as least scary as possible (sometimes/most times frizzy curly hair sucks)

3. O.P.I. in Rainbow Connection
Yes, this nail polish was marketed for the new Muppets movie (which was more adorable than puppies and baby videos combined). The spectrum of sparkles each stroke makes is sure to cure the winter blues.

4. Maybelline Baby Lips
I have become a connoisseur of lip balms - musn't be too sticky or flavorful, but must have a tint of color and creaminess to it. Baby Lips (mine is in cherry) are perfect. They're super moisturizing and I love the subtle color and scent (not flavor!) they give. They come in loads of other colors and scents as well.

5. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
To keep waves from looking fresh from the sea, I like this budget friendly version of a sea salt surf spray. How I like to use it: wash my hair at night, pin back my long bangs to the side and spray this all over my hair - and sleep on it. Dry and dreamy in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I love all these suggestions. I'm definitely trying the Sea Salt Spray - thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...