Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mixtape Mondays: Inspired by the 80's, Part Un



Today's playlist is inspired pop music of the 80's, by contemporary indie artists (and Lady Gaga):

1. Steve McQueen - M83 (Their most recent album could comprise this playlist but this one is a favorite.)
2. Feel It All Around - Washed Out (Also the Portlandia theme song)
3. Golden Haze - Wild Nothings
4. O.N.E. - Yeasayer
5. Do It Again - Holy Ghost
6. Highway Unicorn (Road to Love) - Lady Gaga (It took a while for me to like this song, but I do now and it's perfectly 80's)
7. Flowers Bloom - High Highs
8. Intro - M83
9. Tokyo - California Wives
10. Beth/Rest - Bon Iver (This song is so ironically 80's, I hysterically lost it the first time I heard it. I still want to think that there is some humor in this song, it's nothing like the rest of his album.)
11. I Wrote the Book - Beth Ditto

1 comment:

  1. I can't say the 80s is my favorite decade for music so 80s tinged contemporary hits don't have a major draw either, however you picked some great songs. I love "O.N.E."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...