Monday, February 27, 2012

Mixtape Monday: Drive Soundtrack

Drive is one of those movies that sticks with you. The lighting, the colors, the Ryan Gosling, the music. It wasn't what I expected to be at all, but nonetheless liked it. (I must warn that it is very quiet at times and has a bit of gore.) The art direction was spot on and I cannot get the soundtrack out of my head. It has an entirely techno/80's vibe to it and inspires this playlist:

1. A Real Hero (feat. Electric Youth) - College (closing song and a memorable one at that)
2. Nightcall - Kavinsky (a creepy altered voice that created the opening credits)
3. Under Your Spell - Desire
4. Echoes of Mine - M83 (a song that builds and builds over and over)
5. Genesis - Grimes
6. Keep You - Class Actress (catchy indeed)
7. In Step - FrankMusik
8. Pulling Our Weight - The Radio Dept.

3 comments:

  1. i loooove this soundtrack so much! i actually just heard m83 off your last music post and freaked because it reminded me so much of the drive soundtrack! i felt instantly dumb for not getting the album sooner..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Drive. like you said, it wasn't at all what I anticipated. and the music really is what sets it apart from most "action" movies/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%. Great movie. Superb music. And Ryan Gosling....there are no words :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...