Monday, March 5, 2012

Mixtape Monday: En Route

These are some songs I listened to on my way home, where I am for the week.

1. Effigy - Andrew Bird (Looking so forward to his new album that is coming out tomorrow. My favorite lyric from this song: "Fake conversations on a non-existant telephone")
2. This Tornado Loves You - Neko Case (Been listening to her a lot lately and more ironically to this song, because if I am having a nightmare, a tornado is always in it. I think it's the unpredictability factor.)
3. Come Pick Me Up - Ryan Adams
4. Crane Wife #3 - The Decemberists (I love rediscovering old favorites from high school, like this gem)
5. Circuital - My Morning Jacket (An epic 2 songs in 1 kinda tune)
6. I'm An Animal - Neko Case
7. A Falling Through - Ray LaMontagne (I always find myself listening to lots of Ray in the car too)
8. Emmylou - First Aid Kit (perfectly harmonizing Swedish sisters)
9. Kindness - Ryan Adams

3 comments:

  1. I <3 The Decemberists! They remind me so much of the jangly guitar driven REM that I fell in love with waaaay back in junior high! Ray LaMontagne is awesome too. Have you heard his version of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy? So good! I'm off to check out your other picks, I'm sure they must be great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Come Pick Me Up is one of my favourite songs! I'll have to check out the ones I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would be your new best friend. This list is so up his alley!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...