Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Venice {Bread and Tulips}

Venice
Venice
Venice
Venice
Venice
Finding a good instant Netflix movie is slim pickings these days, but I settled upon an Italian film one evening called Bread and Tulips. It was a quiet film with uncomplicated, natural acting, but what drew me in more than the language and aesthetic was the setting - Venice.
I went to Venice several summers ago, but it seems the longer you have been away from a place, the more surreal it seems and you begin to wonder if you were even there. I guess the memories are crisp and detailed upon arrival home, but time fades the specificities - of the trivial or lousy moments, ingredients in the meals, what people looked like.
Looking back through these pictures I can recall exact moments of capturing the image, but in others nothing comes to mind.
.
This has all made me want to start a details journal, a little notebook I carry around to jot down a random memory, thought, a tiny facet in my day, a laundry list of things I want to do or wanted to do. I was loyal to my journal from 5th grade through my freshman year of college. I think now is a good place to pick it back up.
Venice
Venice
Venice

3 comments:

  1. I picked up my journal the other night and reread everything! :) I also have had a huge travel bug lately, I NEED to get back to Europe! I will have to check this out on Netflix

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place.
    i'm so excited, im actually going there this summer!

    xo kaitlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are so saturated with color & i absolutely love it :) The movie sounds quite nice. I'll have to watch it some time.

    ~Caleisha @ apt-203.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...