Friday, April 6, 2012

Banh Mi Sandwich

Bahn Mi
A marriage between Vietnamese local ingredients and France's culinary national treasures is the Banh Mi. Being one of my favorite and most memorable meals, I had to recreate it myself. It's a unique combination of ingredients that equal a complex flavor.
But enough jabbering, here is how you make one:

Banh Mi Sandwich
French Baguette (I love Le Petit Francais frozen baguettes)
Sriracha
mayonnaise
Honey Roasted Ham, thinly shaved
shredded carrots
thinly sliced cucumber
Mushroom Pate (Trader Joes makes a delicious and affordable one)
cilantro

1. Cut the baguette hamburger style and cut off a section, according to your hunger needs.
2. Mix the Sriracha and mayo in a small bowl. I did a 2/3 mayo and 1/3 Sriracha, but it all depends on how spicy you like it. When you have achieved the right ratio, spread it on both sides of the baguette.
3. On the bottom baguette slice, layer the ham, shredded carrots, cucumbers. Cut thin slices of the pate and affix over cucumbers.
4. Sprinkle with cilantro, place the top slice on and eat.

Bahn Mi
The flavors are so fantastic together, you really just have to experience it.
It's a cool, refreshing sandwich perfect for spring and summer.
Bahn Mi

5 comments:

  1. This sandwich makes me kind of wish I wasn't a vegetarian because I really want to eat it! nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicious! i love the mix of 2 cultures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have *always* wanted to try one of these sandwiches! they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people I know just rave about these sandwiches. I need to get my hands on one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...