Friday, April 27, 2012

Charleston Lately...

Strawberry pickin'
strawberry pickin'

Taking a break from finals to pick ruby, ripe strawberries at a local farm ... closing my last play in college ... dancing to my ringtone whenever it goes off ... starting a new job at Cupcake ... planning my trip to New Orleans next week ... and finally handing in my last paper in college.

I am done with college forever. No more tests, no more papers, no more flash cards.
When I was up late the other night writing papers and memorizing monologues I wondered if I should revel in this moment, if these caffeine driven nights are something that I will envy in the future and look back at with fond memories...but I was too tired to care.
Now, I am so relieved to be done, that I can't truly ponder how I am feeling, but all I know is that these past 4 years went by in a blink.

charleston garden
spanish

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Take a deep breath and enjoy your freedom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky, I can't wait to be done with college forever (after almost 10 years looks like I will be done in August!)

    ALSO I am so jealous because right now I am hiding inside because 50mph winds are making it something like 30 degrees outside, oh how I WISH i was out strawberry picking - they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. graduating is so surreal! but i know you will be successful? what's next? will you be working at a bakery? you would be perfect at that!

    also, jealous of your strawberry picking, one of my favorite thing to do in florida during the summertime:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats fellow college survivor! I am 85% done with my college career (only 2 exams left, but my senior thesis is already in so the rest feels like a joke) and it is a very surreal feeling. Sometimes I feel at a loss for what to do with myself without a BIG deadline to work toward haha and I'm only half kidding there. College was a bittersweet experience for me overall, sometimes I felt deceived by it and hated it and sometimes it really pushed me to make major awesome life changes (cough Edinburgh cough), but I know that despite the highs and lows, we both haven't reached our peak yet and have so much potential. I'm excited to see what's next.

    P.S. Those strawberries look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely shots. congrats on being done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...