Monday, April 2, 2012

Mixtape Monday: High School Favorites, Pt.3

(see also: Part 1 and Part 2)

1. E-Pro - Beck (Beck was major for me in high school, pretty sure this was in a car commercial way back when.)
2. I Hate Everyone - Get Set Go (I love a seemingly cheery song that has not-so-cheery lyrics. My dance teacher loved this song, so we warmed up to it almost every day.)
3. Publish My Love - Rogue Wave (Had it not been for The OC soundtracks, I might have never discovered the indie music scene. Even though I didn't watch the show, I owned all of the music played on there.)
4. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley (This is a favorite of my mom's too. I remember it being huge in France when I went summer of 2006.)
5. Dirty Laundry - Bitter:Sweet (seems like a song that should be in a 007 movie)
6. Yesterday Never Tomorrow - The Stills (my best friend in high school gave me this song on a mix cd, super fun)
7. Fix You - Coldplay (one of their best songs and this entire album was on repeat the entire summer of 2005)
8. Sleeping Lessons - The Shins (I can't believe that this was their most recent release until their newest album that came out this past week. After watching Garden State, I was a Shins fan.)
9. Moon River - the Innocence Mission (Enamored by Breakfast at Tiffanys, I acquired many covers of this famous song in the movie. This is one of my favorites.)
10. Cartwheels - The Reindeer Section (a perfect first day of summer song)
11. 5 Years Time (Sun Sun Sun) - Noah and the Whale (pure sunshine and rainbows)
12. Across the Universe - Rufus Wainwright (loved Rufus in high school too, this is a wonderful Beatles cover)
13. All These Things That I've Done - The Killers (Hot Fuss still stands as an all-time favorite album of mine, this song only supports that statement.)
14. Walking with a Ghost - Tegan and Sarah
15. Cosy in the Rocket - Psapp (Grey's Anatomy was another one of those shows that I never watched but their soundtracks influenced my music taste for the better.)

What were your favorite songs in high school?

1 comment:

  1. Such a good list of high school classics! I used to love The Shins and listen to Frou Frou & Regina Spektor religiously...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...