Monday, April 9, 2012

Mixtape Monday: Pre-Summer Playlist

pre summer
I have recently aquired some amazing, catchy music, and they all remind me of summer. Some are newer releases and some are oldies, but they are all new to me.
The first ocean dip is almost here...

1. Closer Than This - St. Lucia (has a strong 80's sense about it)
2. Pull My Heart Away - Jack Penate (How am I just now discovering him? This is off his 2009 album, and sounds like a cheery Foals.)
3. Neu Chicago - Clive Tanaka y su orquesta (Not new to me, but it is still one of my favorite summer tunes)
4. sol. - Mausi (They sound like a more dance-y Slow Club)
5. The Only Place - Best Coast (pure California surfer music)
6. Ho Hey - The Lumineers (folksy / I predict this to be this summer's "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)
7. Here Comes Your Man - The Pixies (I have gotten into these guys lately thanks to Pandora stations)
8. Crush - Sleigh Bells
9. My Body - Young the Giant (I am loving these guys!)
10. Hits Me Like a Rock - CSS (sounds like old-school M.I.A.)
11. Where is My Mind? - The Pixies

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...